Help Drive the Success of a Growing Psychiatric Hospital
Dietetic Technician - Full Time
At Gracie Square Hospital, now is an exciting time of growth and change, providing numerous opportunities to make a big impact on both our future and yours. As a member of the New York-Presbyterian Healthcare system, we have an unwavering commitment to excellence and are always looking for ways to improve. And it’s dedication like this that drives our success as New York City’s premier provider of inpatient behavioral health services. Pursue the following position, and join us in taking our hospital – and your career – to the next level.
Provides dietary consultation and screens newly admitted patients to identify those at nutrition risk. Functions as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team to implement nutrition care plans.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a friendly and efficient attitude towards customers, clients, and co-workers.
- Communicates with patients to obtain diet and nutrition information to determine nutrition risk.
- Plans menus based on established guidelines and obtains and evaluates dietary histories of patients.
- Follows established guidelines and uses appropriate communication procedures for any necessary intervention to ensure consistency.
- Guides patients with food selection, preparation, and menu planning based on individual needs.
- Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to patient’s age and medical diagnoses.
- Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with Gracie Square Hospital’s policies and procedures.
- Complies with HIPAA privacy standards.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR)
- Graduate of a certified Dietetic Technician program or a Bachelor’s degree from a 2- or 4-year college or university in nutrition or a related field.
- Participation in a school supervised student work program or at least 6-months food service experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written) required.
- Experience with food service processing systems preferred (CBORD or GeriMenu).
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.